What does it mean to join the MSKC?
Joining the MSKC means becoming part of a network with a mission of improving the health and quality of life for those who serve(d) in the military and their families.
Membership is divided into three types: 1) Illinois researchers, 2) military-connected individuals (current Service Members, Veterans, and family members), and 3) stakeholders representing an organization or entity that serves Military/Veteran populations. For all three types, membership means you are included on our email listserv to receive monthly newsletters and may be contacted by MSKC administrators for specific research opportunities that arise and match your expertise or interests. Keep reading and click on the following links to learn more about specific benefits for each group and to sign up to join the MSKC!
Stakeholders from Military/Veteran organizations
- Partner with Illinois researchers on projects that help your organization track and compile data and metrics, including program assessments
- Network with community leaders serving M/V communities
- Leverage opportunities to recruit more members into your organization
Military-connected individuals (current Service Members, Veterans, and family members)
- Help other Veterans through participating and collaborating on research projects that can turn into policies, programs, and services helpful to Military/Veteran communities
- Earn extra cash through participating in research studies or being hired to advise on research teams
- Stay informed about new research findings on topics that directly impact M/Veteran communities (suicide, PTSD, TBI, MST, employment, transition/reintegration, etc.)
- Engage in opportunities to network with Military/Veteran communities and organizations
- Help with recruitment for Military/Veteran populations
- Receive regular communication about grant/funding opportunities related to research with Military/Veteran populations
- Learn how to build rapport with this community through trainings/workshops on best practices for research with Military/Veteran populations
- Network and connect with other researchers engaging this population
- Share your work related to Military/Veteran populations through CVC and partner media
- Utilize space at the Chez Veterans Center for your research
Reserve Research Space
Do you need space for your research with Military/Veteran communities? If you are a researcher on campus, we welcome you to complete this form to request space to use at the Chez Veterans Center for your work.